The Collector’s Edition includes an original signed and numbered photopolymer gravure print.
Dark Spring Press is proud to announce the publication of Age & Seduction: Karen Hymer. Karen Hymer, a native of Tucson, Arizona, has spent most of her life in the Sonoran desert. Hymer’s work explores the effects of time on the human body. Elements of her beloved desert home—decaying plants, a shed snakeskin, cactus fruits—echo the forms of the human figure and the aging of the flesh. Utilizing muted earth tones and subtle hand coloring, her richly detailed photogravures emphasize the interplay of texture, pattern, light and shadow. Her approach to image making explores the blending of photosensitive materials, digital media and printmaking; this is particularly evident in her photopolymer gravure prints which marry the exquisite detail of photography with the beauty of ink on paper. Hymer reveals the body as part of nature subject to the same processes as the plants and animals living on the land that surrounds us, poetically embracing the human condition.
Out of stock
- First Edition, 2018
- Softcover trifold with hand-sewn binding
- Foil stamping on front and back
- 56 pages with 26 full-color plates
- 8 inches x 9.5 inches
- Printing and Binding by Arizona Lithographers
- 200 copies including 164 trade copies and 36 Collector’s Edition copies presented with an original signed
- and numbered photogravure created by the artist
- ©Karen Hymer and Dark Spring Press, 2018; Foreword ©Ann Simmons-Myers, 2018
- Trade edition $35; Collector’s Edition $135
- ISBN 978-0-9993408-3-7